Mar 10, 2013

Ruffled Minky Baby Blanket

Here's some photos of the baby blanket that I made this weekend for a family friend. I based it off of a picture that I saw on Pinterest from this blog. I just did a few things different from her tutorial. I used 1 1/4 yard pieces of fabric so the blanket is square and I also rounded the corners.



 I love this fabric- Marmalade by Moda. 



 I had to ruffle over thirty feet for the trim. I really should invest in a ruffle foot.



The ruffles and stretchy minky fabric were quite a pain to work with but I love the end result!


Linked to:

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. What seam allowance did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used a 1/4th inch seam allowance, just lined up along the right edge of the standard presser foot. Thanks for looking at my blog!

    ReplyDelete